First, it is important to know that there the position chosen can affect how many calories one can burn at a time. According to a 2013 study, experts at the University of Montreal discovered that men burn way more calories than women during sex. Findings published in PLOS ONE journal concluded that men burn 100 calories on average while women burn 69. This is because men are more active during the process and since they weigh more, the energy expenditure is higher.
The best sex positions that burn maximum calories
Each position has a different impact on the number of calories that can be burnt during sex.
- Butter churner: A gymnastic position, this one can help women burn 179 calories in an hour while men torch 211.
- The squat: In this position, women can burn 188-224 calories depending on the pace.
- Standing position: This pose is also an excellent calorie burner because of the intensity. During this, men burn 198 calories while women lose 145.
- Lotus position: This pose requires a great deal of flexibility – however, when it comes to
weight loss, men can burn 148 calories in the process and women can torch 139.
- The kneeling wheelbarrow: This position is also great for weight loss as it can burn several calories in the process – 149 for women and 167 for men.
This may encourage one to have sex on a daily basis – however, doing so can result in soreness in the genitals and may even affect stress levels and physical health.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.